-->

BlueSky _ Maybe a No Social

 Post n° 7



I'm also using BlueSky (for several months) but I just can't get in tune... I don't like this social network - on the whole - there is not even the possibility to correct your posts... I'll try to quickly sketch out some of the limitations I notice in BlueSky:

Profile and Interface Management

  1. Vertical Banner: Lack of options to properly adjust or fit the banner in portrait format.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  2. Description and links: Limited space for the channel description, with a clear lack of dedicated fields to clearly list your website and other social accounts.                                                                                                                                                                        
  3. Editing posts: No editing or correcting an already published post in case of errors.                                                                                                                                                    
  4. Metrics and statistics: Total absence of view count for both individual posts and globally of the channel.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
  5. File organization: Lack of a system for collecting files published within albums that can be separated by categories.                                                                                           

Interaction, Multimedia Content and Functions

  1. Notification management: Inability to delete notifications received.                                                                                                                                                                          
  2. Character limit: Extremely limited number of characters per post per post.                                                                                                                                                              
  3. Multimedia slide-show: Lack of a horizontal slide-show function for viewing images and videos.                                                                                                                          

Safety, Privacy, and Moderation

  1. Bot and follower management: Excessive presence of bogus accounts that disturb; inability to remove unwanted followers once subscribed (it is only possible to mute or block them, thus falsely altering the follower and following count).                                                                                                                                                                            
  2. Prior approval of subscriptions: Need a prior filter that allows you to manually decide whether to accept or reject subscription requests to your channel or profile.                                                                                                                                                    
  3. Control over reposts: Need for a prior option to allow or deny sharing (reposting) your content on other channels or profiles.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  4. Preemptive comment moderation: Need for a feature to enable preemptive moderation on any reply message or comment sent by other users.                                  

In addition to this, I have also written posts (on BlueSky itself) in which I point out the annoying presence of useless accounts-profiles that subscribe to my profile but then I can no longer delete, but only block or mute. This problem also affects the count of Followers and Followeing, which seems to become static only in numerical progression and has no dynamitcity in the regression useful for numerically removing unwelcome accounts.

I have a "vague feeling" that all these limitations could be "unlocked" in some sort of paid version that will be available in the future... Otherwise it would not be explained how this social network can be so limited...


Pubblicazione: Martedì, 18 Agosto 2026